Contact: Andrew Darron
Tel: (01942) 821444
Groundwork Cheshire Lancashire & Merseyside is both a charitable trust and a social enterprise that has been working to build more sustainable communities across Cheshire and Lancashire since 1985 and Merseyside since 2012. We do this by helping people and organisations to create better neighbourhoods, to build their skills and job prospects, and to live and work in a greener way.
Our vision is of a society of sustainable communities which are vibrant, healthy and safe, which respect the local and global environment and where individuals and enterprise prosper.
By this we mean communities where people can work if they want to, where people are not living in fear of crime, where young people are valued and can realise their potential, where people are healthy and can afford to make healthy choices, where neighbourhoods are places where people want to live, and where communities – be they neighbourhoods or business communities – are more resilient.
In order to manage our activities in a way that delivers against our vision we have set 6 core objectives which we feel are key components of a sustainable community. All of our work will contribute to at least one of these objectives.
- We will help communities to become more active and resilient
- We will help to build greener, safer, stronger neighbourhoods
- We will help young people realise their potential
- We will help those furthest from the labour market to find work
- We will promote improved health and wellbeing
- We will reduce carbon emissions and tackle the impacts of climate change