We believe that social enterprise can transform lives and change the world. If you are trading for a social or environmental purpose, we can support you to start up, develop, connect and grow.
Selnet recognised nationally as the lead for social enterprise in Lancashire.
It’s our role to bring Social Enterprise together, invest in the #buysocial movement, find opportunities for Lancashire’s Social Enterprises to work in partnership and collaborate. In doing this we help our local social entrepreneurs to achieve their ambitions, respond to challenges, tackle inequalities, and empower local communities.
We are a social enterprise, run by our members to meet the needs of our members and represent Lancashire’s social business interests at national, regional, and local levels through our wide network of stakeholders and partners.
We are here to help you with your business, whether it be to talk through a problem or idea, develop a funding bid or partnership proposal, work through cash flow issues – let us know the specific challenges you’re facing, or the help you need and we will do all we can.
Just call Yvette Holden, Membership Lead Officer on 07958 432165 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and she will be happy to speak to you.
Remember! – as a member of Selnet you will join like-minded businesspeople to share ideas, network, grow and develop, find local connections, and help open your business up to new markets. Through our communications channels, you will receive up to date sector news, funding information, events and training updates and have a platform to promote your business.
Based on member requests and feedback from our board of directors, we are developing a new membership offer to provide active support from December 2023, across 2024 and beyond.
By renewing your membership, or joining our membership community, your social enterprise will access the following:
- A dedicated profile page: A dedicated business page on Selnet’s website and be included in our Membership Directory, highlighting your work and including contact details and social media addresses.
- Active promotion of members work, activities and news through articles and case studies on impacts, issues, campaigns and milestones
- 4 training workshops each year(minimum) for social enterprises – free to Selnet members, on subjects raised by members
- Networking Event (as a ‘2024 Expo’ following our fantastic 2023 Expo, or a different event or format based on feedback)
- Monthly newsletter for news, opportunities and active promotion
- Early access to projects, tenders and contracts designed for social enterprises
- Access to guidance from our team and board, by answering questions or problem solving issues holding you back
- Direct support for your organisation made possible through projects we secure, from UKSPF (including Flying Start business support through Boost) to client referrals (Under One Roof) and more.
- Introducing #SelnetMember: Active promotion of members communications across social media channels using #SelnetMember
- Connections: Selnet’s team are informed of your work, to connect you with opportunities and enquiries for support (from potential partners and public services to local communities and individuals)
- Become a Director: Join Selnet’s board as a direct and influence the strategic direction of our work
- Promotion: A new opportunity to be included in Selnet’s membership video updated to highlight our work for Lancashire’s social enterprise sector and promoting members
- Selnet On Site: Practical support through Selnet On Site – our team provide volunteering support to members
- Enterprise in Society Awards in 2024: Highlighting & celebrating Lancashire’s social enterprise sector
Social Enterprise Lancashire Network – For People, For Business, For Good.
Our membership application process is simple:
- Read and agree to Selnet’s Member Agreement
- Download an Application Form(pdf)
- Fill it in and return it to our Membership Lead Officer by emailing email@example.com or by post to Selnet Membership, Brentwood House, Victoria Road, Fulwood, Preston, Lancashire. PR2 8PS
- Our Membership Lead Officer will contact you to process your application and help you access the benefits of being a Selnet member:
Full member: £48 to £240 p/a (inc VAT)
Open to existing and emerging social enterprises resident or trading in Lancashire. A social enterprise will have an enterprise orientation, social aims and social ownership.
Associate: £36 p/a (inc VAT)
Associate members can be voluntary, community and faith organisation that have an interest in supporting Selnet’s aims. It is also open to Social Enterprises from outside Lancashire.
Supporters: £120 p/a (inc VAT)
Open to any private or public sector organisation with an interest in social enterprise, must also share the aims of Selnet.
Associate and Supporter membership does not carry voting rights, but is designed to enable individuals with an interest in social enterprise to engage with the Selnet networks.
We look forward to working with you!