Selnet is a social enterprise, run by our members to meet the needs of our members.
Our Core Objectives are to:
- Raise the profile of social enterprise across the Lancashire sub region;
- Represent the interests of Lancashire’s social enterprise sector;
- Engage in business, trade or industry which is in the interests of our sector and membership in particular;
- Encourage mutual support, inter-trading, sharing of best practice, training and development opportunities between social enterprises;
- Strengthen our sector by working with local, regional, national and transnational bodies.
Social Enterprise in Lancashire
Nationally recognised as one of the UK’s top 100 Social Enterprises for the last two consecutive years, Selnet is the lead body representing social enterprise in the Lancashire sub-region. We provide a range of capacity building support services, resources and opportunities to help increase our sector’s competitiveness, sustainability and impact. Our role is to support and enable the vital work of frontline social enterprises by enabling their development, growth and access to opportunities.
Selnet have secured over £20M for Lancashire by securing investment, bringing together partnerships, managing contracts and providing business development services. We support local social entrepreneurs to achieve their ambitions, respond to challenges, tackle inequalities and empower local communities. For newer and smaller social enterprises, our support enables access to opportunities that help build professional track records and delivery experience.
Members of Selnet join like-minded business people to share ideas, network, grow and develop, find local connections and access new markets. Through our communications channels, members receive up to date sector news, funding information, events and training updates and have a platform to promote their products and services.
We regularly update our Members Trade Directory and as members of Social Enterprise UK, we are proud to champion the national Buy Social Campaign in Lancashire, which aims to increase the market share of social enterprises in public and private sector supply chains.
We believe that social enterprise can transform lives and change the world. If you are trading for a social or environmental purpose, we can support you to start up, develop, connect and grow.