7 Cecil Street
Contact: Dave Hollings
Tel: 01900 810 810
Co-operative and Mutual Solutions (CMS) Ltd provides specialist business advice and training to co-operatives and social enterprises. The Directors have experience of start up, growth, succession situations (community and employee buyouts) and externalisation from public authorities/charitable organisations. We offer advice as to the best legal form and business model. We work with a wide range of people: employees, users/consumers and other stakeholders to ensure that the model is appropriate.
We have particular experience in community sports and leisure, retail including food, waste and recycling, renewable energy, social and health care.
We have expertise in the following areas: feasibility studies, business and financial planning, marketing, legal structures, good board governance, finance raising including community share issues.
Co-operative and Mutual Solutions (CMS) Ltd is the lead partner in the C-Change programme a scheme for new/trading co-operatives (funded by the Co-operative Group) and which allows them access to specialist consultancy.
Contact: Sue Cotton
Tel: 01254 244716
INSPIRING LIVES AND CHANGING FUTURES
It’s what we’ve been doing since 1886, in one form or another!
We passionately believe that every child and young person has the right to achieve their full potential, whatever their background or circumstances – and, as a result, we work with over 6000 children, young people and families in the North West of England every year. We work in the heart of communities – often in partnership with other organisations – to end family cycles of deprivation, drug and alcohol abuse, lack of self-esteem, youth crime, teenage pregnancies and broken families.
As a result, we help to strengthen individuals, families and communities so that children and young people can lead healthy and meaningful lives, with the opportunity to succeed in school, to grow up to enjoy healthy relationships, to have access to training and employment opportunities and to be successful in the world of work.
45 Railway Road
Contact: Garth Hodkinson
Tel: (01254) 583957
Community CVS’ aim is “Connecting People, Growing Communities.” Our mission is “to achieve positive social change by developing active resilient communities and transforming lives through social action.”
We accomplish this in a number of ways under the following four themes: –
- Support – to the most vulnerable in society
- Action – inspiring people to action in our communities
- Resource – developing groups with funding and advice
- Volunteer – connecting people to help their community
1-3 Colne Road
Contact: Naheed Ashraf
Tel: (01282) 696100
Brierfield Action In the Community – BAIC set up in 2003 by local residents of Brierfield. It consists of Board Directors living in and around Brierfield who manage the operations of the organisation through a project manager. The organisation itself is registered as a ‘not for profit’ company and a ‘Registered Charity’. It has been set up for the benefit of those living within the area of Pendle but primarily Brierfield. It also acts as a catalyst to promote for the benefit of the public in Pendle where there is social and economic deprivation by all or any of the following means:
- the advancement of education, training or retraining;
- the preservation and protection of good health;
- the promotion of equality and diversity for the benefit of the public by promoting the elimination of discrimination on grounds of race, religion, disability or ethnic origin and by promoting attitudes, customs and practices in favour of equality;
- the maintenance, improvement or provision of public amenities available for use by the community or any section of it;
- the preservation of buildings or sites of historic or architectural importance; the provision of recreational facilities for the public at large or those who by reason of their youth, age, infirmity or disablement, financial hardship or social and economic circumstances, have need of such facilities;
- the promotion of public safety and the prevention of crime;to develop the capacity and skills of the members of the community in Pendle in such a way that they are better able to identify, and help meet, their needs and to participate more fully in society.
- ICT facilities
- Cyber Games
- Information and Advice/Guidance by trained staff
- Conference/meeting room
- Video/Music editing suite
- Employment based initiatives
Suite 22, Railway House
Contact: Sue Bailey
Tel: 01257 444413
Age UK Lancashire aims to make a positive difference to the lives of all older people in the county and make later life a more fulfilling and enjoyable experience.
We work with older people over the age of 50 years within the county of Lancashire. However, we prioritise our services and support within those districts where there is no other Age Concern organization or Group or, if there is, an effective partnership is established. We work in Burnley, Chorley, Lancaster, Ribble Valley, Rossendale, Pendle, West Lancashire and Wyre & Fylde.
SAMS @ Energy Zone
Contact: Joanne Mason
Tel: (01254) 291271
More info available in our brochure.