49 Whitby Avenue
Contact: Denise Hartley MBE
Tel: (01772) 760760
As part of our continued service and commitment to our local community, the rooms and facilities are available for a wide variety of needs. With our range of multi-purpose spaces and multi-agency partnership working Intact aim to meet all your requirements big or small.
Intact has much to offer to the local community with many facilities available. The community hall and kitchen, therapy room, computer suite and training room can be hired for a wide variety of activities or events.
The Intact Centre has easy wheelchair access and toilet facilities with a baby changing area. Car parking is available at the front of the building and an induction loop system is available in the Community Hall and Training Room.
Contact: Andrew Walmsley
Tel: (01706) 230116
We are here “For the Common Good” meeting the varying needs of the local community from pre-birth to old age. We would encourage you to visit us personally we believe this to be the best way for you to sample the full range of services that we have to offer.
Feel free to telephone, e mail or just ‘drop in’, you will be made most welcome.
Vickers Ind Estate
Contact: Rachel Mackie
Tel: (01524) 426622
Furniture Matters is a local re-use and recycle charity who’s aim is to provide quality low cost furniture and other household goods to local people in need in the community; to reduce the amount of furniture,electrical items and other household goods that end up in landfill and to provide quality volunteering and training opportunities for local people, aiming to increase employment prospects for some of these people.
45 Railway Road
Contact: Garth Hodkinson
Tel: (01254) 583957
Community CVS’ aim is “Connecting People, Growing Communities.” Our mission is “to achieve positive social change by developing active resilient communities and transforming lives through social action.”
We accomplish this in a number of ways under the following four themes: –
- Support – to the most vulnerable in society
- Action – inspiring people to action in our communities
- Resource – developing groups with funding and advice
- Volunteer – connecting people to help their community
1-3 Colne Road
Contact: Naheed Ashraf
Tel: (01282) 696100
Brierfield Action In the Community – BAIC set up in 2003 by local residents of Brierfield. It consists of Board Directors living in and around Brierfield who manage the operations of the organisation through a project manager. The organisation itself is registered as a ‘not for profit’ company and a ‘Registered Charity’. It has been set up for the benefit of those living within the area of Pendle but primarily Brierfield. It also acts as a catalyst to promote for the benefit of the public in Pendle where there is social and economic deprivation by all or any of the following means:
- the advancement of education, training or retraining;
- the preservation and protection of good health;
- the promotion of equality and diversity for the benefit of the public by promoting the elimination of discrimination on grounds of race, religion, disability or ethnic origin and by promoting attitudes, customs and practices in favour of equality;
- the maintenance, improvement or provision of public amenities available for use by the community or any section of it;
- the preservation of buildings or sites of historic or architectural importance; the provision of recreational facilities for the public at large or those who by reason of their youth, age, infirmity or disablement, financial hardship or social and economic circumstances, have need of such facilities;
- the promotion of public safety and the prevention of crime;to develop the capacity and skills of the members of the community in Pendle in such a way that they are better able to identify, and help meet, their needs and to participate more fully in society.
- ICT facilities
- Cyber Games
- Information and Advice/Guidance by trained staff
- Conference/meeting room
- Video/Music editing suite
- Employment based initiatives
61-63 St Thomas’s Road
Contact: Stephanie Tufft
Tel: 01257 444413
Age UK Lancashire aims to make a positive difference to the lives of all older people in the county and make later life a more fulfilling and enjoyable experience.
We work with older people over the age of 50 years within the county of Lancashire. However, we prioritise our services and support within those districts where there is no other Age Concern organization or Group or, if there is, an effective partnership is established. We work in Burnley, Chorley, Lancaster, Ribble Valley, Rossendale, Pendle, West Lancashire and Wyre & Fylde.
54 Blackburn Rd
Contact: Bushra Yaqoob
Telephone: 0300 323 0965
Advocacy Focus provides:
- statutory mental health advocacy (IMHA) in Lancashire, Blackburn with Darwen and Blackpool
- mental health advocacy in Lancashire and Blackburn with Darwen
- statutory mental capacity advocacy (IMCA) in Blackpool, Lancashire and Blackburn with Darwen
- advocacy support for people with health and social care related issues in Blackurn with Darwen
- advocacy support for young people with learning disabilities through their transition from children to adult services (East Lancashire)
- non instructed advocacy support in Blackpool with issues relating to health and social care
For general enquires about other advocacy support available in Lancashire and Blackburn with Darwen, please contact Advocacy Access:
Phone: 0345 456 3210
Text only: 07886 744 634
SAMS @ Energy Zone
Contact: Joanne Mason
Tel: (01254) 291271
More info available in our brochure.